Some Helpful Tips for Couples about to be "Husband & Wife" -
After the initial excitement of the engagement, couples begin to put in place a plan for their wedding day. This can be as easy as you want it to be with some careful planning.
1. You both need to sit down and discuss the budget that you have for your wedding. It is important that you are both on the same page to avoid disappointments and maybe even arguments.
2. Decide on the venue where you want your wedding to take place. There are so many options on the Sunshine Coast including the gorgeous Hinterland areas and also our beautiful river weddings for boutique, intimate occasions of up to 40 people. Depending on the venue that you both decide upon, you may need the services of an Event Co ordinator who will create the decore that you want. By the way always have a contingency plan just in case the weather may threaten if your wedding is to take place outdoors.
3. Check if you require Council Permits for your ceremony eg: beaches, parks etc.
4. Find your celebrant. Their are lots of very good celebrants around and prices vary depending on experience and quality. You need to meet with your celebrants before you make a decision. You need to be able to feel comfortable with them and feel that they are available to you.
5.Clothing - again discussions with your partner about what the groomsmen will be wearing and of course you will both need to know who will be in your bridal party. The fun begins for the bride to be and her lovely bridesmaids to start shopping for their gorgeous dresses, hairstyles, makeup and photographers.
6. Cakes and cars need to be organised and of course visits to florists to help you decide what will suit your needs.
These are just a few basic tips to help make your journey stressfree and fun. And brides to be, be prepared to share some of the organising with your partner. Lots of the grooms love to participate in the creating of your perfect day.
If you are from interstate and not sure where to go to find the wedding vendors that you need, just have a chat with your celebrant. They will have plenty of wedding resources that they will gladly share with you.
And don't forget some couples want to Elope and that can very easily be arranged too.
Good luck…enjoy …..and choose carefully.